Code of Conduct
Maple Leaf Sports + Entertainment (MLSE) is committed to providing a safe, comfortable and enjoyable experience for our fans and guests at BMO Field (the Stadium), and MLSE is committed to providing courteous and professional service. Everyone should expect and help to promote an environment where people are treated in a courteous, professional, considerate and respectful manner by all fans, stadium staff, team and event personnel, performers, players and other guests. Accordingly, MLSE will not tolerate unsafe, abusive, unlawful or offensive conduct and will immediately action any such behaviours as they represent a threat to the safety of the event and occupants of the venue. This conduct includes, without limitation:
- Fighting and/or inciting others to fight or inciting unruly or disruptive behavior
- Causing significant damage to property
- Using (including on any sign or other visible representation) political, threatening, abusive, insulting, offensive language and/or gestures, which includes racist, homophobic, xenophobic, sexist or otherwise inappropriate language behavior
Note: Threatening and/or abusive behavior directed towards other fans, players, officials or staff members will be subject to sanctions even if done outside the time period of an event (including on social media)
- Entering or attempting to enter the field, the field track, the tunnel or any otherwise restricted area
- Possession of Restricted Items and Prohibited Items (defined below) including the possession or use of an unauthorized pyrotechnic device, smoke or firework, or attempting to introduce one inside the venue
- Obscene or indecent messages on signs or clothing
- Throwing any objects onto the field (including streamers)
- Failing to follow directions from venue staff regarding compliance with the Fan Code of Conduct, stadium policies and emergency procedures
- Declining to promptly return a ball that enters the stands
- Inappropriate consumption of alcoholic beverages, which includes purchasing for, possession of, or consumption by a minor or possession or consumption of alcohol not purchased within the stadium
- Sitting in a location other than the seat identified on the guest’s ticket
- Any disruption of the game or event by a guest’s actions
- Engaging in any commercial activity not authorized by MLSE
- Smoking (including e-cigarettes or vapourizers)
- Any act which, in the opinion of Stadium officials, presents a risk to the safety of fans or staff
Failure to abide by this Code of Conduct is subject to sanctions at the discretion of MLSE, which may include ejection without reimbursement, suspension of entry privileges, arrest, and banishment from any or all MLSE facilities. MLSE may also sanction supporter and/or fan clubs for the violations of the Code of Conduct.
If you experience any difficulties on an event day, please text your issue and location to 647-933-5354 or contact the nearest BMO Field Usher, Security or Fan Services Representative. Standard text message rates apply. On non-event days, please contact Fan Services at 416-815-5982.
Season ticket members and suite holders are reminded that they are responsible for the behaviour of anyone using their tickets and that failure to abide by this Code of Conduct by suite holders, Toronto FC or Toronto Argonauts season ticket members, or by anyone using their tickets, may result in loss of season ticket member or suite holder privileges.
All guests are reminded that bottles, coolers and containers of any kind are not allowed into the Stadium and may be confiscated. MLSE reserves the right to limit the size of bags, purses or backpacks permitted within the Stadium. Guests are advised to consult the applicable Stadium websites for specific policies with respect to bags. MLSE reserves the right to prohibit the entry of items which may, in MLSE’s opinion, interfere with the ability of other guests to enjoy the game or event.
Stadium staff have been trained to intervene when necessary to help ensure a safe and comfortable environment. Guests are encouraged to report any violations of this Code of Conduct or any inappropriate behaviour to the nearest usher, security guard or fan services staff member.
MLSE thanks you for adhering to this Code of Conduct and for making each event special and memorable to you and your fellow guests.
*Please note that the use of streamers and confetti as an expression of fan enthusiasm is not prohibited, but will be kept under review. Streamers are not to be used to impact the competition and/or thrown at or toward the field of play or at a player, referee or Stadium staff member.
For the safety and security of our fans, possession of any of the items listed below, or possession of any other object which endangers the safety of others (as determined by MLSE, BMO Field staff or law enforcement), will, in addition to any other remedies contemplated under the Code of Conduct, result in immediate ejection from the Stadium:
- Flares, smoke bombs, sparklers or fireworks of any kind
- Laser pointers
- Weapons of any kind
- Any missile/projectile-like objects
- Illegal drugs and any other illegal substances
For the safety and security of our fans, the following are not permitted inside the Stadium:
- Umbrellas (Fans should bring raincoats/ponchos for inclement weather)
- Outside food & beverage of any kind
- Metal or glass containers of any kind
- Backpacks and large bags over 14x14x6 inches*
- Unapproved large flags, banners and drums
- Musical instruments**, air horns, powered megaphones
- Electronic noisemakers
- Aerosol cans (hairspray, silly string, etc.)
- Bikes, inline skates, skateboards, scooters, shoes with wheels
- Bicycle and motorcycle helmets
- Frisbees or inflated balls of any kind
- Unapproved pamphlets, handouts, advertisements, etc.
- Pets, with the exception of service animals
- Masks (acceptable when worn in your seat only, must be removed when leaving your section)
- Strollers or baby seats may not be taken into the stands or left in section entrances
- Tripods, selfie sticks and/or monopods
- Remote controlled aircraft or unmanned aircraft systems (drones)
*these backpacks/bags are not permitted for Major League Soccer events but are permitted, subject to search, for all other events unless otherwise indicated
**(except for cowbells, which are permitted for Toronto Argonauts games only)
Please see Fan Services for assistance with these items.
Fans found in possession of the above-mentioned items will be asked to remove the item from the facility or dispose of it. Fans that refuse to comply may be ejected from the Stadium and may be subject to arrest. Stadium Management reserves the right to handle each occurrence on a case-by-case basis. All bags, jackets, and guests are subject to search upon entering the Stadium. Some events such as concerts and other sanctioned events may have additional prohibited items or a different camera policy. For specific information, please contact Fan Services prior to the event at 416-815-5982.
The BMO Field camera policy is different for each event, based on the requests of the teams or event promoters. For Toronto FC matches, non-flash still photography and small handheld video cameras are permitted. Still photos or video must be for personal use only. For all other events, please contact Fan Services prior to the event day for event specific information. Tripods, selfie sticks and/or monopods as well as wearable, or “GoPro”, cameras are not permitted.
BMO Field is a smoke-free facility. Smoking, including the smoking of E-cigarettes, is prohibited in and around the stadium save and except designated areas located outside the stadium. Fans must have their ticket scanned at the gate to exit to smoke and be allowed re-entry.
Fans are reminded that they are also subject to compliance with the policies and/or codes of conduct in place for specific teams or leagues hosting events at the Stadium (e.g. Major League Soccer Code of Conduct available online at www.mlssoccer.com/fans/codeofconduct or a paper copy of which can be obtained at Fan Services)